Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Green Light

Yesterday, while driving, I came to a stop at a light behind another car. I wanted to turn right, and the car in front of me wanted to go straight. I was angry because he could have stop at the other lane which both goes straight and can turn left. The driver however stopped in front of me. There were no cars coming from the left, and i could have turned a long time before the light turned green had he stopped at the other lane.
Waiting at the light, I heard a bird singing. It was late at night, and I was in the city. The wind blowing into the car was cool, and the birds song was soothing. Last week I went camping and was woken up by a bird singing very early in the morning in a tree near my tent. I had put my pillow over my head and had tried to go back to sleep. I got up after a few minutes. Outside the sky was a dark shade of blue and in the eastern sky the sun shone red. I watched it rise few inches and listened to the song of the bird. When life gives you these moments, you don't want to let go.
The light turned green and the car in front of me sped off. I listened to the bird singing and stepped on the gas pedal. "It's about time," I said, and turned right.

No comments: