Thursday, January 21, 2010

Haiti Relief

Hello world! As many of you have heard, the earthquake in Haiti has devastated millions. Much help is needed and now is the time for the human race to show that it can help itself survive. Many of you have probably already helped in one way or another, but for those who haven't yet gotten around to it, I have decided to give some incentive for your help!

For the next week, I am offering a free watercolor painting (your choice of subject matter (I guess kinda like a commision)) for a donation of $10 dollars to your choice of charity. Here's how:

1. Pick an charity to donate to online.
2. Donate via their website.
3. Send me an email (jehucampos@gmail.com) with a screenshot or copy of your reciept showing you donated $10 or more. Include your painting request in the email, along with an address I can ship it to.
4. I'll paint it and mail it out via USPS, at my cost.
It's that simple. You provide help in the relief effort and get a painting as a thanks!

Here are a few organizations that accept online donations.


Save The Children (click here for Haiti donations page)

Clinton Foundation (click here for Haiti donations page)

You can also find plenty other organizations via Google. Again, remember this is for direct relief of millions having very hard times, and many of us can help. Hopefully I will be painting for months to come! We can make a difference!


Paintings will be 4x6 watercolor/gouache on Arches 140lb Hotpress paper.

No comments: